Newmarket Road Surgery & St Stephens Gate Medical Practice soft merger survey
1. Newmarket Road Surgery and St Stephens Gate Medical Practices - soft merger survey
Both Newmarket Road Surgery and St Stephens Gate Medical practices have submitted an application to NHS Norwich Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS England for them to complete a soft merger. This is something that has to happen before we could talk to our patients.
A soft merger in NHS terms means that both practices will share accommodation and data systems. This means that the staff at both sites will have access to each other’s patient lists to enable them to share NHS services at both practices. It also means each practice maintains its independent partnership status.
This gives patients from both practices (especially those from Newmarket Road) an opportunity to access a number of services offered by both practices and also strengthens resilience within the practices at a time when primary care is under immense pressure.
Both practices have been working with their Patient Participation Groups to plan and implement a four week consultation with the wider patient population to reassure & gather their views. The consultation will run from Monday 3rd July 2017 for four weeks until Monday 31st July 2017. We would be grateful if you would complete the short survey so we can gather your views.
1. Which practice do you belong to?
2. Is access to a wide range of clinical services in a convenient location
3. Access to an appropriate clinician for urgent same day problems
4. Being able to book an appointment in advance
5. Is the ability to book appointments before 8am or after 6pm a priority for you
6. Having a call back telephone triage system for urgent problems
7. Is being able to contact the surgery in a variety of new ways e.g. email, Skype or online access
8. What are the most important things we should maintain from our current practice as we merge? Please list your suggestions below.
9. Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the services we offer to our patients as a merged practice in the future? Please list your suggestions below.
10. Do you have any concerns about the merger? Please list them below so we can ensure we look at these.
11. Do you have any suggestions as to how we can continue to keep patients informed and involved in our development? We currently have plans for a monthly update newsletter during the process and will also update the information on our websites regarding the merger.
12. Is there anything else you would like to tell us regarding the plans to merge?