Launched in 2010, SmartSurvey has rapidly grown into one of the leading online survey suppliers to major brands across all sectors. Our software allows for the design, capture, reporting, and analysis of virtually any type of data and is a trusted partner to over 270,000 + users worldwide.
We believe that creating surveys should not be complicated and are committed to providing customers with the solutions they need. All advancements and upgrades to our survey software are done in-house, meaning we can respond quickly and seamlessly to any requests or gaps in the market. ‘User-friendly’ is our mantra!
This is an exciting time for SmartSurvey and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team based in Tewkesbury, to help us continue to flourish and grow.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join a High growth SaaS business based in Tewkesbury. The right candidate will be confident with setting up a business development function, growing and managing their own team and working collaboratively with the sales and marketing departments.
The key to success in this role will be implementing and validating a business development process and then managing and developing an engaged and passionate team of business development executives to achieve their potential generating new sales opportunity.
You will be responsible for planning, developing and overseeing the overall business development strategy as well as the day to day management of a business development team you build. You will be comfortable setting targets for the business development executives as well as implementing incentives to drive performance within the team.
You will be expected to qualify existing net new leads as well as prospect new business using a mix of traditional and digital methods - the business will support you with our existing technology stack as well as additional budget to achieve this.
You will be overseeing and analysing approaches to the development of business and make changes where appropriate to ensure resource is being used effectively and generating maximum opportunity.
You will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to:
- Devise marketing materials and tools to support new business development
- Pass high quality leads to the new business team to close
What we’re looking for
- You will have had a background working in a business development role for a SaaS or Technology business
- Technology savvy – you understand how to leverage software and channels to drive meaningful, engaging and action oriented online conversations and convert them into qualified new business opportunity
- Experience in leading and growing a business development team
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth
- Natural leader and motivator of business development teams
- Ambitious and target focussed with a drive to succeed
Why Join SmartSurvey?
- You enjoy working with proactive, innovative, talented team
- You relish delivering solutions to provide customers with what they need
- You contribute 100% on a daily basis and enjoy a good work/life balance
- You are motivated to work for a fast growing, ambitious company
- Excellent benefits including a comprehensive private healthcare plan and pension scheme.
We look forward to hearing from you but please note, we are all busy people, so no agencies or previous applicants need apply!