Launched in 2010, SmartSurvey has rapidly grown into one of the leading online survey suppliers to leading brands across all sectors. Our software allows for the design, capture, reporting, and analysis of virtually any type of data and is a trusted supplier to over 260,000+ users worldwide.
We believe that creating surveys should not be complicated and are committed to providing customers with the solutions they need. All new features and upgrades to our survey software are developed in-house, meaning we can respond quickly and seamlessly to any requests or gaps in the market. ‘User-friendly’ is our mantra!
This is an exciting time for SmartSurvey and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team, based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, to help us continue to flourish and grow.
Why Join SmartSurvey?
- You enjoy working with proactive, innovative, talented team
- You relish delivering solutions to provide customers with what they need
- You contribute 100% on a daily basis and enjoy a good work/life balance
- You are motivated to work for a fast growing, ambitious company
- Possibility of remote working and flexible hours depending on the circumstances
Our service currently runs across a combination of hosted Windows Servers, SQL Server and Cloud and has some basic monitoring in-place, but as the system is scaling, we need to improve the coverage and quality of our monitoring processes including, where appropriate, availability and performance dashboards, in order to proactively address any issues, to identify where released code has had an adverse impact and where a system problem is taking place. With a reliable operations monitoring solution, we are best placed to keep our availability high and to reduce demand for support.
This role will report directly to the CTO and there is some scope to increase the size of the team at a later date and the opportunity for this role to become a Team Leader role depending on interest and skill.
This role will eventually include some of the operations support work related to system problems including some on-call work.
Part of the role will also include server maintenance, application of updates and pro-active planning and execution of hardware upgrades, replacements and repairs.
There will also be the opportunity to be involved with the automated deployment system as time, skills and interests dictate.
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluent in both spoken and written English - a lot of communications will take place over Slack
- 3 or more years of experience working on highly-available cloud-based systems
- Expert in Windows Server 2016+
- Experience of Kubernetes monitoring and deployments
- A good communicator of knowledge and decision making rationale
- Ability to produce monitoring dashboards in a suitable framework with various separate data feeds
- A good understanding of logging systems and logs parsing, ideally with ELK
Additional Desirable Skill Set
- Application Insights experience
- Experience of automated builds and deployments
- Powershell scripting knowledge
- The Octopus Deploy application
- Azure systems, management and monitoring
- Highly scalable applications (>10K users/sec)
- Monitoring and managing SQL Server
We look forward to hearing from you but please note, we are all busy people, so no agencies or previous applicants need apply!