Launched in 2010, SmartSurvey has rapidly grown into one of the leading online survey suppliers to leading brands across all sectors. Our software allows for the design, capture, reporting, and analysis of virtually any type of data and is a trusted supplier to over 260,000+ users worldwide.
We believe that creating surveys should not be complicated and are committed to providing customers with the solutions they need. All advancements and upgrades to our survey software are done in-house, meaning we can respond quickly and seamlessly to any requests or gaps in the market. ‘User-friendly’ is our mantra!
Despite these current challenging times, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team, to help us continue to flourish and grow our product. The dev team are all working remotely, and we’re looking for someone who has experience working remotely.
What we are looking for
A Senior Full Stack .Net Developer to augment the development team and bring in additional skill and experience to make our product quickly meet the needs of existing and new customers.
You should apply if
- You are a competent .Net Developer with the skills and motivation to make a real difference
- You base your work on software principles including test-driven development where appropriate
- You give and take feedback well
- You value readability and maintainability instead of over-optimised but unreadable solutions
- You are proactive
- You have worked remotely before
- You are a fluent English speaker and have excellent written English and are based in the UK
- You enjoy your craft and are always learning about new technologies
- You have worked in an agile environment and have personally shipped features
The Person We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a Remote .NET web developer, based in the UK, to work with our expanding team. As a senior developer, you will have solid experience and understanding of our core technologies and have the ability to organise, lead and mentor other team members. You will be able to complete projects independently and in a timely fashion, in line with our development standards. The right candidate for this role will have excellent communication skills in order to communicate with clients and team members.
As a remote role, this position is only available to people with previous remote-working experience, including Contractors, and requires very good written English (for inter-team communications). It requires someone who is highly motivated and who can consistently produce high quality work when not working in the office environment.
What we love
- Finding a clever or simple solution to a problem
- Increasing the throughput of our team to help our customers sooner
- Finding ways to keep code quality high
- People who enjoy what they do
- People who help others to be their best
- The best idea always wins
A typical day
- Daily stand-up
- Tasks taken from the sprint
- Banter over MS Teams
- Occasional in-house training and meetups
What we need from you
- 5+ years as a .Net web developer
- Expertise in C#, MVC5 and Web Forms
- Highly skilled with HTML5, CSS3, JS and jQuery
- Expertise in unit testing and mocking
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Expertise with git
- Some knowledge of IIS and web hosting
What would be nice
- .NET Core, WebAPI
- Cloud technologies
- Highly-scalable architecture
- Kubernetes and Microservices
We want to know why you want to work for us so send us your CV with a covering letter, giving examples of features you have recently shipped and examples of how you meet the requirements above to email@example.com or hit the APPLY NOW button.