EHCP Guidance Consultation Survey
1. EHCP Guidance Questionairre
The new Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCP) Guidance was written in response to a need to review the document already in use in Cambridgeshire for responding to requests for an EHCP. It is intended that outcomes for children and their families will be improved through earlier and better assessments, improved parent / child participation, and more timely decision making. The document aims to provide all the informationn schools and families need to know about when making an application.
The draft guidance can be found at:
We very much value your feedback on the new draft guidance.
1. Please tick the box below that best describes you.
2. Is the purpose of the guidance clearly explained? (page 3-7)
3. Does the guidance make it clear what happens when a request for an EHCP is made? (page 8-9; Appendix)
4. Does the guidance clearly set out the responsibilities of education settings towards children/young people with special educational needs and disabilities? (page 10-12)
5. Does the guidance clearly set out what evidence schools/settings need to provide in order to show how they have supported the child/young person's SEND prior to requesting an EHC Needs Assessment? (page 13-14)
6. Does the guidance clearly set out what evidence is needed to show that a child/young person has a significant special educational need in specific areas? (page 17-21)
7. Is the section on frequently answered questions helpful? (page 22-23)
8. Is the Assess-Plan-Do-Review example proforma useful? (page 24)
9. Is the glossary useful? (page 25-27)
10. Does the guidance conform to your expectations of the SEND Code of Practice 2015?
11. Any other comments/feedback to improve the guidance.