Purpose of the survey
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust is working to understand the experiences of carers across our services. We want to know ‘what matters to you’, so that we can be assured our services offer the right support to carers.
A carer looks after a family member, friend, partner or neighbour who needs support due to illness, disability or old age. The help carers give is unpaid, though you may still receive Carer’s Allowance or other benefits. You do not have to care full time, receive Carer’s Allowance or live with the person you care for to be a carer.
The contribution that unpaid carers make is vital, we want to recognise and value what you do and put things in place that support you through your journey as a carer. We would really appreciate if you can take a few minutes to share your experiences.
1. Do you look after a family member, partner or friend that needs support?
2. Are you a young carer (carer aged <18)?
3. Do you care for a child (aged <18)?
4. What is the main reason the first person that you care for needs help?
5. Have you used the services of Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust recently?
6. If yes, which service(s) did you use?
7. Thinking about the most recent inpatient admission of the person you care for:
B) What could have made your experience better on this occasion?
C) Any recommendations for improvement? (What does good look like?)
8. Thinking about the most recent visit to our outpatients department with the person you care for:
Which Clinic did you attend
E) What could have made your experience better?
F) Any recommendations for improvement? (What does good look like?)
9. We are planning to develop a carer information leaflet and we would welcome feedback on what information you would find helpful