This survey seeks RGS-IBG DELEGATES' opinions on the use of U.K. PLASTIC carrier bags, bin liners, packaging and bottles.
Welcome to the United Kingdom's survey on the use of PLASTIC Carrier Bags, Bin Liners, Packaging and Bottles.
Why spend 4-5 minutes of your valuable time to complete this 20-question survey?
The British Government has stated (31st May 2018) that it will: "make future ... policy decisions taking into account relevant data, research and analysis which could ... include the results of (this) survey ..."
To participate in this survey:
(1) You must be a Delegate of the 2018 RGS-IGB Annual International Conference 2018.
(2) You may not participate in the U.K. Public Survey on Plastic (to be launched during the RGS-IBG Conference).
Your Personal Details.
Your Country of Residence, Place of Work / Study and Age Group are needed to validate and analyse this survey.
All data will be stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
After your Place of Work / Study has been removed, anonymous summary data will be presented to the British Government and may be published.
Please answer every question.
Where options are provided, please select the most appropriate option.
(1) Biodegradable (Cambridge Dictionary, with survey author's 23-08-18 additions in brackets) = "Able to decay naturally (and rapidly, by the action of micro-organisms and other living organisms) and without harming the environment." (This definition excludes existing degradable plastics.)
(2) Recyclable material (Oxford Dictionary) = "Able to be converted from waste into reusable material."
(3) Recycled material (Cambridge Dictionary, with survey author's additions in brackets) = "Having been used before and then put through a process so that it can form a new product." (Waste converted into reusable material.) [N.B. This definition added to survey 19-09-18.]
(Copyright D A Murray 2018)