GP referral support service
West Hampshire CCG is keen to ensure we provide high quality healthcare for local people, this includes how you are directed to different services.
We would like to hear about patients’ experience of being referred by your GP to a consultant or other health professional in hospital or other health centre. Was it straightforward or could things be improved?
Please answer the following questions based on your most recent experience.
1. What has been your experience of being referred for an outpatient appointment?
2. When I saw my GP and a referral was required, I understood the next steps that I needed to take to ensure I received an appointment
3. I had a conversation with my GP about where I could be seen
4. I understood how long I would have to wait for an outpatient appointment
5. I understood when the appointment was made that I needed to make sure I was available to attend my appointment
Thinking about your most recent visit to the Outpatient Department
6. Were you given a choice of appointment times?
7. Was your appointment date changed by the hospital?
8. What could be improved with the referral process?
What are your thoughts on doctors seeking advice before making a referral in future?
9. Would you be happy to let your doctor seek clinical advice before a decision to refer is made? This could ensure you are seen at the right place, first time or that any investigations can be done before referral.
10. Would you consent to share your referral information with other local doctors to help your GP when considering whether a referral is required
11. If you would be interested in taking part in a focus group to help us further with this project or would like to be kept informed of future plans, please give us your email address.
This will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared with anyone outside the CCG. If you wish to have your name removed from our database at anytime you can do so by emailing email@example.com
12. Any further comments?
15. Your ethnic background
16. Do you consider yourself to have a disability?
17. Your religion or belief
18. You would describe your sexuality as