Phlebotomy patient survey
Please tell us about your experience of local blood test (phlebotomy) services.
Enfield CCG wants to improve quality of phlebotomy service for patients by commissioning a new primary care service.
This new service would include routine blood sampling and domiciliary blood testing services in the community, meaning that hospital referral is the last resort. The service supports the delivery of integrated working and the strategic aim of delivering more services outside of acute hospital settings. If you have any questions about this survey, if you need this survey in an alternative or more accessible format, or if you would like to get involved in the Phlebotomy Patient Reference Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your anonymous feedback will be used to help us understand patient needs and to develop better quality local services.
We will not be able to identify you from this survey. If you need medical attention, please call NHS 111 or contact your GP. If you want to make a complaint about the care you received please visit our website http://www.enfieldccg.nhs.uk/concerns-complaints-compliments.htm
1. Please tell us which GP practice you are registered with.
2. What type of blood tests have you had in the last twelve months?
3. Where did your have your blood test?
4. How long did it take to get your results from your GP practice?
5. If you did not go to your GP practice for a blood test, did you:
6. How could your experience have been improved?
7. Please use this space to tell us any other comments that may help us with the design of a new blood testing service for Enfield patients.