Consultation on proposed small waste incineration plant at 203 Burcott Road, Avonmouth, Bristol
Please provide your comments on the application
in the text box below.
Please note, we can take account of:
- Relevant environmental regulatory requirements and technical standards.
- Information on local population and sensitive sites.
- Comments on whether the right process is being used for the activity, for example whether the technology is the right one.
- The shape and use of the land around the site in terms of its potential impact, whether that impact is acceptable and what pollution control or abatement may be required.
- The impact of noise and odour from traffic on site.
- Permit conditions by providing information that we have not been made aware of in the application, or by correcting incorrect information in the application (e.g. monitoring and techniques to control pollution).
We cannot take account of things that fall outside the scope of environmental permitting (England & Wales) regulations (EPR) 2016 (as amended) and/or covered by other regulations such as planning permission, including:
- Issues beyond those in the relevant environmental regulations.
- Anything outside the remit of the EPR, e.g. the proposed location of the site, which is done by the local authority via land use planning.
- Whether a site should have a formal designation under Habitats Directive or other conservation legislation.
- Whether the activity should be allowed or not as a matter of principle.
- Land use issues when determining a permit application, even if changing the location of the activity would improve its environmental performance.
- The impact of noise and odour from traffic travelling to and from the site.
- The legally defined process we follow to determine a permit.
- The granting of a permit/variation if the operator is able to demonstrate that they can carry out the activity without significant risk to the environment or human health.
We can only consider comments that are relevant to permitting regulations. This site already has planning permission so the use in principal is already approved.
Please note that any written comments will be placed on the public register unless they include a statement requesting that this is not done.
If there is such a request the register itself will just include a note that representations have been made which are not on the register because of such a request.
Any representation you make by 15th June 2022 will be considered in determining the application although we will be unable to respond to comments individually.
Please provide any comments on the proposed small waste incineration plant below: