Welcome to the fifth annual gender census!
I'll start by making it as clear as possible who's invited to take part.
Most people fit tidily into one of these categories:
This survey intends to collect information about everyone who DOESN'T fit into this system.
- Female - all the time, solely, and completely
- Male - all the time, solely, and completely
Anyone who doesn't feel like they fit into one of these two boxes is invited to participate. There are no geographical restrictions.
If you hesitate or struggle to place yourself into just one of the two boxes, or if you know for sure that these boxes were not made for you, please do continue!
- Most of the survey asks about three things: identity words, pronouns and titles.
- This survey doesn't ask for or collect identifying information such as your name or email address.
- There is a feedback box at the end.
- You can close the tab at any point mid-survey and your answers will not be included in the final results.
As in previous years, I'll go over the data and then compile it into a report in the form of a blog post. I hope that the information can be used to inform choices, persuade authorities, and help nonbinary people to feel less alone.
The survey opened on 1st February 2018 and closes on 1st March 2018 at the earliest. If the survey is still open, your responses will be counted.
If you want to be notified of the results and future annual surveys, please do click here to sign up to the mailing list
And if you know someone who might be interested in taking part, share the URL of this page with them.
Thank you very much!
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
I understand that information about your gender can be very sensitive and private information.
I am no expert in online privacy and security, and I am unable to take extra steps to ensure your safety. I do not collect or have access to your name or email address. If you have any doubt about the security of SmartSurvey or your own device or internet connection, please take whatever steps you feel are necessary to protect yourself and your information.