Thank you for responding to our consultation ‘Pavement parking: options for change’, your views will assist in deciding future policy for paving parking enforcement.
Closing date is 22 November 2020.
View all questions
Survey questions are supplied based on user choices, a full listing of questions is available
Print or saving a response copy
At the end of this questionnaire, you may either print or save your response. The option appears after you 'Submit your response'.
Save and continue option
You may 'save and continue' at any time. If saving you will be emailed a link allowing you to continue, a mistake in your email address however means you won't get the link.
Confidentiality and data protection
The Department for Transport (DfT) is carrying out this consultation to decide on the future of pavement parking enforcement policy including your:
- favoured option of enforcement
- views on all enforcement options
- views on the vehicles exempted from these proposals
- views on the effect of the policies on different societal groups
and your reasons in order to gain a thorough understanding of your viewpoint.
This consultation and the processing of personal data that it entails is necessary for the exercise of our functions as a government department. If your answers contain any information that allows you to be identified, DfT will, under data protection law, be the controller for this information.
In this consultation we’re asking for:
- your name and email address, in case we need to ask you follow-up questions about your responses (you do not have to give us this personal information, but if you do provide it, we will use it only for the purpose of asking follow-up questions)
- whether you are representing an organisation and if so the name of that organisation
Plus as an individual we are asking for your views towards pavement parking in your local area and the reasons, to attempt to understand how much local action affects your viewpoint.
Additionally for an organisation we will ask:
- for the organisation name, for identification of the business
- if your organisation is a commercial business with deliveries and, if so, the amount of deliveries and your view towards the 20 minute delivery exemption, since this criteria is still open to change
- if your organisation is a council and, if so, for numerous extended views on the
of the options plus previous parking enforcement experience at a local level to better inform our final decision
has more information about your rights in relation to your personal data, how to complain and how to contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your information will be kept securely and destroyed within 12 months after the consultation has been completed. Any information provided through the online questionnaire will be moved to our internal systems within 2 months of the consultation end date.