We are seeking views on updated best practice guidance for taxi and private hire vehicle licensing authorities and any evidence that supports those views.
Closing date is 20 June 2022.
View all the questions
This survey provides questions based on user choice, a full copy of the questions is available [opens in a new window].
Print or save a copy of your response
At the end of this questionnaire, you will be offered the chance to either print or save a copy your. This appears after you 'Submit your response'.
Save and continue option
You may 'save and continue' your response at any time and you will be sent a link via email to allow you to continue your response where you left off.
You must enter your correct email address if you choose to save and continue, a mistake in the email address you get the link.
Read our accessibility statement for SmartSurvey forms (opens in a new window).
Confidentiality and data protection
This consultation is seeking views on a new best practice guidance for taxi and private hire vehicle licensing authorities and any evidence that supports those views.
We are asking for:
- your name and email address, in case we need to ask you follow-up questions about your responses (you do not have to give us this personal information, but if you do provide it, we will use it only for the purpose of asking follow-up questions)
- whether you are representing an organisation or yourself
From individuals we are also asking if you are a licenced taxi driver, private hire vehicle driver or both, to ascertain your relationship to the topic.
For organisations we are asking for:
- the name of your organisation, for identification
- the type of organisation being responded on behalf of, to better understand your work
- if a trade bodies or representative group
- the number of members, to weigh your response in analysis
- if a private vehicle operator, taxi intermediary or another type of organisation
- the number of vehicles in your fleet, to better understand the effect to your business
Your personal data is processed on behalf of DfT by Smartsurvey, with respect that they run the survey collection software only, your personal data will not be shared with any other third parties, even those employed for the purpose of analysis.
Any information you provide will be kept securely and destroyed within 12 months after the closing date. Any information provided through the online questionnaire will be moved to our internal systems within 2 months of the consultation period end date.