- Do you think it is important to show the size, range and participation levels of the sea angling charter fleet in England and Wales?
- Do you seek greater recognition and consideration of recreational sea angling by policymakers and marine planners?
- Do you want people to understand the economic and social importance of sea angling to coastal communities
If the answer is YES
to any of these, then this survey is for you
- and we need your input
to get better data
on charter boat sea angling.
is a major new project to research sea angling in England and Wales and demonstrate its impact and value. It is a unique partnership that puts anglers at the heart of data collection
, involving the Angling Trust
along with research partners Substance and Cefas, hundreds of angling volunteers
, thousands of sea anglers
and hundreds of charter skippers
will be the biggest single study of sea angling undertaken for over a decade. At its core is a major survey of charter boats
and a shore survey
of sea anglers.
- Find out more about the project, click here.
- Watch the Angling Trust webinar for Charter boats, click here.
This scoping survey
runs from May-September 2023
. The main Charter Boat Survey
period will be October 2023 to September 2024
Skippers - we need your help!
We will be conducting research with charter skippers to understand more about your fleet, activity levels, catches and the valuable contribution charter boats make to coastal communities.
To fully understand the role and impact of charter boats in recreational sea angling, we really need as many skippers as possible to help us with the research - first with this short survey and then with an occasional weekly diary
to be completed a few times from October 2023 - September 2024
The first stage
of work with charter skippers is this survey
, which will help profile the charter fleet
in England and Wales. Then, you will have the opportunity to express your interest in contributing to the longer survey. As a thank you
Join us in contributing to the future of sea angling by participating and providing your valuable assistance.
- All skippers who take part in the year-long study will get promotion of your boat trips via our publicity, website and reports; a record of what you have recorded; prize draws and other benefits - we will ask you about these in the survey.
- All skippers who will take part in this first stage survey, will be entered into a prize draw for 2 x £100 Amazon vouchers.
If you have difficulty completing the survey online, or have any other queries, please let us know by contacting email@example.com