Strategic review of support, services and provision for children and young people with SEND and high needs in Derbyshire: Survey for parents and carers
1. About your child and your experience of accessing support
Page 1 of 2
The purpose of the project
Derbyshire County Council, working with key partner organisations, has begun a strategic review of support, services and provision for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND) and high needs aged from birth to 25. The aim of the review will be to work collaboratively with partners across Derbyshire to gather evidence on current and future needs, consider what support and services are required to meet those needs, and to co-produce a strategy for supporting children and young people with high needs across the county.
A key part of this review will be gathering feedback from a range of colleagues involved in supporting children and young people with high needs across Derbyshire. As a first step in this process, we have prepared a short survey for parents and carers of children and young people with SEND and high needs. Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this short survey. It should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. The findings from this survey will be used to inform the overall outcomes of our review. All responses will, however, be treated in strict confidence and responses will not be attributed to individuals.
1. Please tell us a little bit about your child, such as their age, what sort of school or education setting they attend, what they are good at, and a little bit about things with which they need support. The purpose of asking this question is get a broad overview of your child’s needs and to provide some context for some of the other questions we ask in this survey. You are welcome to provide as much or as little information as you are comfortable sharing.
2. Please tell us about your experience of accessing additional support for your child. The purpose of asking this question is to get a broad overview of the support you and your child have received and your experience of accessing this. This could include how your child’s needs were first identified and your experience of accessing advice, support and specific services. By ‘support’, we mean any additional help related to your child’s education, health or care needs that your child and your family have received. As with the previous question, you are welcome to provide as much or as little information as you feel comfortable providing.
This question requires an answer
3. Please state whether you ‘strongly agree’, ‘agree’, ‘disagree’, ‘strongly disagree’ with the statements below, or whether you ‘cannot say’. *
4. In terms of your experience of accessing support, please tell us about anything that has worked particularly well and any forms of support, services and provision that you have found particularly valuable.
5. In terms of your experience of accessing support, please tell us about any forms of support, services and provision that have not worked well or that you have not been able to access.