Introduction - questions will follow
What we can help you with
Independent Brokerage team
(People Matter Isle of Wight)
Providing support in the community to design your care package.
Contact us on 01983 241494 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Through Crisis support
(Citizens Advice Isle of Wight)
Providing support in the community for those who are in genuine hardship, to help them to quickly access help with food, gas and electricity in an emergency. Help Through Crisis also provide support and advice via their in-house services with: housing, budgeting/money advice, benefits, tax, keeping your family together and physical & mental health
Contact us on 01983 823859 (Direct Dial) or email@example.com
Care Navigators and Living Well Support Workers
(AGE UK Isle of Wight)
Providing support in the community:
- Care Navigators - impartial advice to anyone aged 50+, as well as their families and carers, to overcome any challenges they may face
Contact us on 01983 525282 or at www.ageuk.org.uk/isleofwight/our-services/care-navigators/
- Living Well Support - personalised and co-ordinated services to help you get the right support, at the right place, at the right time to help you lead fulfilling lives and maintain independence through early prevention, self-help and by empowering people to take positive steps to manage their own health and wellbeing.
Contact us on 01983 525282 and ask for the Living Well Team, or at www.ageuk.org.uk/isleofwight/our-services/living-well-approach/
Good Neighbour Scheme
(Age UK Isle of Wight)
Providing support in the community for older people who have no one else to turn to. Volunteers provide assistance, friendship and reliable low-level support, helping with tasks such as:
- Befriending and visiting those who feel lonely or isolated
- Outings or shopping
- Transport to medical appointments
- Walking your dog.
- Help with small tasks in the home
- Letter writing or help with paperwork
- Choosing, collecting and returning library books
- Confidential support for those suffering domestic abuse.
- Regaining confidence after illness or bereavement
- Provide information on other services to improve health and wellbeing
Contact us on 01983 525282 and ask for the Good Neighbour team, or at www.ageuk.org.uk/isleofwight/our-services/good-neighbour-scheme/