We were wondering if you would like to take part in our research project? Before you make up your mind, it is really important that you read this information and understand what it is about and what we would like you to do. You can ask an older child or adult in your home to help you read it or they can contact the researcher for help.
What is the study?
- JU:MP (which stands for Join Us: Move, Play) is a programme that is trying to help children and families in Bradford be active, to help them to be happy, healthy and have lots of fun.
- Children and their families are staying inside their home more to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- JU:MP@Home is trying to help children and their families be physically active inside their homes during lockdown - you should have received a JU:MP@Home activity calendar in the post and may have seen something online about this.
- By taking part in the research and answering our questions, you will help us understand what we need to do to make JU:MP@Home better for you and other children in the area you live in.
What will I have to do if I take part?
- This questionnaire asks you about the activities you do inside your home or garden, how you are feeling during lockdown, and what makes it hard or easy for you to do physical activity inside your home or garden. It will take around 15 minutes to do.
- If you have seen JU:MP@Home, we will also invite you to complete the second part of the questionnaire. This asks what you think about JU:MP@Home, how you have been using it, and how you think we could make it better. It will take around 15 minutes to complete.
- At the end of each part of the questionnaire you will be invited to enter a prize draw where you can win an Argos voucher (there are 4 x £25 and 5 x £10 vouchers to be won).
- You will also be asked if you would like to tell us more about your answers in a focus group with other children from your school.
Do I have to take part?
- You can decide which parts of the study you would like to do and you do not have to take part in any of the study if you do not want to.
- You can change your mind about taking part in the research at any time by not finishing the questionnaire.
What happens to my information?
- Everything you tell us will be kept private and stored safely - the researchers in the JU:MP team will analyse everyone’s information and write what they found in a report but your name will not be used.
- The information may also be published in research journals, presented at research conferences or used by University students for their coursework, but your name will not be used.
- The researchers will use all of the information that is collected to improve JU:MP@Home.
Who can I speak to if I have any questions?
If you have any questions about taking part, or if you would prefer to receive this information in another language, or complete the questionnaire on paper, you can ask an adult to contact the lead researcher Amanda Seims by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone her on 07813 814474.
What do I need to do next?
Please tick yes or no to the following questions. To be able to take part, all boxes must be ticked yes.