1. Mental Health, LCDS and VCSE organisations
Thank you for taking this questionnaire. We are tying to find out how BAMER (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee) people in Liverpool experience mental health care as part of a review of the Liverpool Community Development Service (LCDS). In particular, we want to know more about the role VCSE organisations play in mental health support.
1. What is the name of your organisation?
2. Can you briefly describe what your organisation does and who you work with?
Maximum 20 words
3. Does your organisation support people from BAMER communities in Liverpool who have mental health problems?
4. If so, can you give examples of how?
5. Which of the following NHS mental health services have you worked with or referred to?
6. How would you describe NHS support for BAMER communities with mental health issues?
7. In your experience of working in this area what barriers have you encountered for people in getting help for mental health services?
This question requires an answer
8. The Liverpool Community Development Service (LCDS) has been commissioned by Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to improve the mental health outcomes of Liverpool’s BME communities.
Please put the following in order of priority for the LCDS service (1 being most important, 4 being the least):
- Representation & advocacy
- Signposting & publicising
- Community development
- Training & education
9. How have you worked with LCDS?
10. We’d like to know if you have any thoughts about the Liverpool Community Development Service; e.g. what should it do more of? What could it do better? What should its priorities be?
11. As a VCSE organisation, what is needed to enable you to support people from BAMER communities with their mental health?