1. Mental Health and Liverpool Community Development Service
Thank you for taking this questionnaire. We are trying to find out how BAMER (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee) people in Liverpool experience mental health care as part of a review of the Liverpool Community Development Service (LCDS).
All your answers are strictly confidential. We ask a little bit about you at the end of the survey so we can see that we've spoken to a good range of different people and look at how their experiences differ and are similar. All questions are optional, so feel free to answer as many or as few as you want.
1. Have you ever needed help with your mental health?
This could mean you have problems with your mood or thoughts that affect how you cope with everyday life, or needed help in a crisis.
2. If yes, was it easy or hard for you to get the help you needed?
3. Please explain what you found good or bad about your experiences of getting help with your mental health.
For example, was there a language barrier? Did you feel like the staff you met understood your circumstances? Did you feel comfortable discussing your problems? Did you have to wait a long time?
If you don't have any personal experience, we'd still like to know what you think. Would you know where to go for help? Have you ever needed help but couldn't get it, or didn't know what was available?
4. The following is a list of services that provide mental health support in Liverpool. Please tick which ones you have used.
5. What would be most important to you in improving mental health care for people in BAMER communities in Liverpool?
6. In your experience what barriers have you encountered in getting help with your mental health?
7. The Liverpool Community Development Service (LCDS) has been commissioned by Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to improve the mental health outcomes of Liverpool’s BME communities.
- Representation & advocacy
- Signposting & publicising
- Community development
- Training & education
We’d like to know if you have any thoughts about the Liverpool Community Development Service; e.g. where you aware of It? What should it do more of? What could it do better? What should its priorities be?
8. We'd like to know a little bit about you, but feel free to only answer the questions you feel comfortable with.
Firstly, what is your gender?
9. What is your ethnicity? Alternatively, you can tell us your nationality if you don't describe yourself as British.
10. We'd like to know which age group you belong to
11. Finally, what is your postcode?
12. Where did you hear about this survey?