Help us continue to provide services to unpaid carers in Sheffield
1. Introduction to this survey
Sheffield Council will soon be re-tendering the contract for the City-Wide Carers Service. As you may know, this is the service that Sheffield Carers Centre has been providing since 2017, and we very much want to continue providing the new service next year and beyond.
In order to continue delivering a great service, we’d like to know about what’s most important to you. We do not ask for your personal details and the questionnaire is anonymous.
You can help us a great deal by completing this survey, which on average takes around 5 minutes to answer the 12 questions. Any carer who would like a paper copy of the survey can request it by calling the office on 0114 278 8942 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. In general, is it important for you to access information to help you with your caring role?
2. In general, how valuable are the following ways to access information for your caring role? Please give an answer for each option listed.
3. Is it important for you to have emotional support for your caring role?
Emotional support means having someone to talk with about your feelings, or being provided with tools and techniques to help deal with difficult feelings.
4. In general, how valuable are the following types of emotional support?
Please give an answer for each option listed.
5. Is it important for you to have contact with other carers, or hear about other carers’ experiences?
6. Please tell us why this is important for you. (max 1,000 characters)
7. Which method of contact with other carers would you prefer and why? For example, in person, by phone, videoconference or online. (max 1,000 characters)
8. Are there any barriers to you having equal or full access to our services that you would like to tell us about? Please provide as much information as possible about what is important for you, for example language needs, use of the internet, paid employment, age, sexuality, ethnicity or anything else. (max 1,000 characters)
9. In general, how many hours per week do you provide care for?
10. How long have you been providing care for?
11. Are you in paid employment?
12. Is there anything else you would like to let us know? (max 1,000 characters)