Hand and Wrist Self-Referral
Due to these unprecedented times the safety of our patients and staff is our chief concern. Following national guidance we have limited face to face appointments where possible. We will be conducting telephone consultations and video consultations; however if you are invited to attend the Physiotherapy department it will be a requirement that you wear a face covering.
Regardless of your recent travel history if you have recently developed a cough or fever please do not attend your appointment. You can familiarise yourself with the symptoms and risk factors for Coronavirus on the NHS website and on the Government’s information page for Coronavirus. If you are concerned contact NHS 111 who will advise you what to do next.
At present this service is only available for patients with a wrist or hand condition. If your problem is not related to these areas, please make an appointment to see your GP.
Do not continue with this form but make an appointment to discuss this referral with your GP if you:
If you are Under 17 please do not continue with this form but make an appointment to see your GP
- Have symptoms which include pins and needles or numbness affecting both hands
- Have significant swelling and/or bruising associated with a recent fall
- Have noticed any new lumps or bumps associated with your hand or wrist
- Have history of cancer within the last 5 years
- Any unexplained weight loss
- Are feeling generally unwell/fever
- Have recently become unsteady on your feet