Physiotherapy Self-Referral Brighton & Hove
If you have recently or suddenly developed the following with the onset of your lower back pain and / or leg pain:
Do not complete this form and make an Urgent appointment to see your GP or call NHS 111.
- A change in your bladder function or bowel control.
- Altered sensation around your genitals or back passage.
- Loss of sexual function.
If you any of the following:
Do not continue with this form but make an appointment with your GP to discuss this referral.
- Any unexplained weight loss.
- Are feeling generally unwell / feverish.
- Have recently become unsteady on your feet.
Please do not continue with this form and instead make an appointment to see your GP if you are:
We request you do not self-refer within the first 6 weeks of developing a new condition.
- Under 16.
- Unable to attend the Outpatient Department. If you believe you need domiciliary physio (physiotherapy at home).
- Seeking treatment for Neurological or respiratory disorders.
This is because 86 out of 100 people who develop ‘new’ symptoms e.g. shoulder pain get better within 6 weeks.
You can visit www.sussexmskpartnershipcentral.co.uk for information that may help you to manage your symptoms.
However, if you are concerned or your condition is worsening please contact your GP or phone NHS 111.