The National Archives is undertaking this survey to better understand the current use of manorial documents. Manorial records include court rolls, surveys, maps, terriers and all other documents relating to the boundaries, franchises, wastes, customs or courts of a manor.
This survey will help us find out more about:
- the research that manorial documents support
- the users of the Manorial Documents Register
- national awareness of the Manorial Documents Rules
The results from this survey will be used to plan:
- the future development of the Register
- the programme of events to celebrate the completion of the Register’s computerisation for England and Wales in 2022.
The survey will run until 9 November 2020 and is open to all. If you have any questions or additional information to contribute, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, quoting Manorial Documents Survey 2022 in the subject line.