Hand and Wrist Self-Referral
Do not continue with this form but make an appointment to discuss this referral with your GP if you:
If you are Under 17 please do not continue with this form but make an appointment to see your GP.
- Have symptoms which include pins and needles or numbness affecting both hands
- Have significant swelling and/or bruising associated with a recent fall
- Have noticed any new lumps or bumps associated with your hand or wrist
- Have history of cancer within the last 5 years
- Any unexplained weight loss
- Are feeling generally unwell/fever
- Have recently become unsteady on your feet
Your NHS Number
Before you start, please ensure that you have your NHS Number at hand. Please note that we will not be able to process your referral without it.
You can use this online service to find your NHS Number: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/
Alternatively, you should be able to find your NHS Number on any letter or document you have received from the NHS, including prescriptions, test results, and hospital referral or appointment letters. Each NHS Number is made up of 10 digits shown in a 3-3-4 format (e.g. 000-000-0000). If you cannot find your NHS Number at home, you can ask your GP practice to help you. They should be able to provide the number for you as long as you are registered with them.
For more information on how to find your NHS Number please click here