Deadlines and Timeline
Phase 1: Send us your Pitch! | September 15 – October 10, 2021
Use the short form available here to pitch your adaptation or innovation to the SCALE team. Programs are welcome to submit more than one innovation.
Phase 2: Send us your vlog! | Oct 11 – 25, 2021
Successful pitches will be shortlisted and invited to submit a vlog of no more than 3 minutes (M4P format) telling us about your adaptation or innovation. We want to hear how you are making a difference in communities and looking at challenges in a whole new way. Bring your pitch to life for us…
The submitted vlog must be max. of 3 minutes duration
. Submissions exceeding 3 minutes may be disqualified. By submitting your video, you give permission for the video to be used and shared for the purposes of judging and promoting this adaptation award.
- Videos must be uploaded as one single file of high quality in a standard YouTube format (16:9 aspect ratio);
- Videos should be in MP4 format and the file size of each video should not exceed 1GB
- Videos may not contain any copyrighted music, images, or brand names without proper approval
- We will provide subtitling for videos submitted in French, Spanish, Arabic or Kiswahili
- Consider filming the vlog in a location related to the adaptation or innovation you are telling us about
- Make sure speakers are visible (for example in the middle of the screen)
- Film your vlog in ‘landscape-mode’ (horizontal)
- Avoid jargon if you can; audience members can have very different levels of experience and knowledge
The judges will look for engaging and inspiring vlog submissions. Your survey and video entry will be judged on:
Phase 3: Voting begins! | November 1-12, 2021
- Relevance of your entry to climate resilient and green livelihoods approaches and/or COP26 goals
- Technical quality of the innovation/adaptation (particularly for “Technical Excellence” awards)
- Creativity and inspiration
- Potential for replication and impact
In support of COP26, voting will be opened for short-listed submissions in early November.
There are 4 categories of award:
• Award for Technical Excellence in an Emergency Setting (selected by SCALE’s Technical Committee)
• Award for Technical Excellence in a Development Setting (selected by SCALE’s Technical Committee)
• Donor’s Choice Award (selected by a select group of donor representatives)
• People’s Choice Award (selected through open voting platform)
Phase 4: Winners are revealed! | November 30 2021
SCALE Creative Green Adaptation Award winners will be featured in a Spotlight Webinar in early December and highlighted on the FSN page and newsletter, and in a technical brief to raise awareness about innovations that are being developed and the changemakers responsible for them.
If you have any questions or would like additional guidance, please reach out to email@example.com.