Hate Crime Post-Campaign Survey
1. Have you been affected by Hate Crime?
Now that we are nearing the end of the campaign, we would like to ensure the campaign has had an impact, and get a sense of whether awareness has increased and if more people are speaking up about hate crime. The survey will take 5-10 minutes. If you would like any help on filling out the survey then please email Phyllida Swift at firstname.lastname@example.org
This survey is anonymous, but if you would like us to get in touch, you have the option to leave your email address in the last question. Thank you so much for taking the time to help us.
If any of the questions above have upset you at all then please contact Stop Hate Uk, True Vision, Samaritans, or head to
https://www.changingfaces.org.uk/campaigns/whatishatecrime to find out more about how to get support.
Any of the information you've provided will be treated in the strictest confidence and we will not share your personal details unless you give explicit permission.
1. What age were you on your last birthday?
2. Which of the following describes how you think of yourself?
3. What is your ethnic group?
4. What is your religion?
5. Whereabouts in the UK are you from?
6. Do you, or a family member have a mark, scar or condition that affects your appearance?
7. Under UK law, a hate crime is an offence that is motivated by a dislike towards certain characteristics a person has, or is thought to have. Which of the following characteristics do you believe to be currently included in the definition of hate crime?
8. Do you agree or disagree that the following offences could be a hate crime if motivated by a dislike of characteristics a victim has, or is thought to have?
9. To what extent do you agree or disagree that you are confident in knowing how to report a hate crime that happened to you or someone else?
10. What are the different ways to report a hate crime?
11. If you experienced an offence based on the way you look, how confident would you be that the police would deal with your case:
12. How confident would you be that the wider criminal justice system would deal with your case:
13. If one of the following incidents happened to you because of your appearance, how likely would you be to report it?
14. Would you like to leave your email to share more of your story or if you'd like to get more involved in the campaign and/or the work of Changing Faces?