The Micro-Grants Programme is for small grants of up to £500
and are open to registered charities or constituted community groups
with an annual income of less than £100,000
that benefit people living in the Borough of Kingston.
The work applied for must require financial support as a result of the Covid-19 Crisis, this could include:
- Funding towards additional costs of supporting communities, for example the costs associated with moving face-to-face services online.
- Grants related to an increase in demand for services for providing food, or befriending services for people social-isolating due to the Covid-19 crisis.
- Grants related to the need for mental health, employment or homelessness support.
You can apply for up to £500 to fund a project/activity that make a difference to the lives of children, young people, adults and older people affected by Coronavirus.
Organisations who have applied to Love Kingston before, whatever the outcome, can re-apply.
Closing Date: 5.00pm on Friday 29th May 2020
. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Applicants will be informed of the result of their application in June.
Your project must benefit people living in the Royal Borough of Kingston and your organisation must have a:
- Constitution (‘Set of Rules’).
- Bank account in your organisation’s name with two signatories.
- Document outlining your financial procedures.
- Safeguarding Policy.
As we expect the fund to be oversubscribed we shall take account of the following:
What we won’t fund:
- The potential impact of the work you are proposing to undertake (either in terms of achievable outcomes, numbers of people reached, and/or particular target groups).
- The capacity/resources of your organisation to deliver the work you propose and to achieve the outcomes within six months of receipt of funding.
- The inclusion of a realistic budget for the work.
- Work not related to the Covid-19 Crisis.
- Capital costs, or building or renovation works.
- Religious activity.
- Contribution to vehicle costs.
- Donations to other charities.
- Incomplete applications.
These grants are funded by the Kingston Covid-19 Crisis Appeal and administered by Love Kington, a project of Kingston Voluntary Action. We anticipate a high number of applications and not all will be successful. Groups can only make one application per round, though we welcome applications from organisations that have previously applied to Love Kingston, regardless of the outcome of that application. Love Kingston reserves the right to allocate a smaller grant than applied for. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If an applicant is unsuccessful, we will try to offer guidance on finding alternative sources of funding. The award committee’s decision is final.
In order to process your application, we need to record your details on our database. We will treat your data with respect; we will never sell it and we will store it securely. Please note that contact details and your application, grant and monitoring information may be shared with Kingston Voluntary Action.
Successful applicants will receive payment upon receipt of the signed grant agreement with Love Kingston; we will try to process your grant as quickly as possible, but given the current situation payments may take up to 1 month from receipt of the agreement. Grantees will be required to complete a short statement to report on the project/activities within a year of the fund’s release. It must include receipts relating to your grant and if you have them up to two high resolution photographs showing the activities, plus approval for Love Kingston to use the photographs. Grantees may also be asked to participate in publicity or fundraising material to promote Love Kingston and will be required to acknowledge the source of funding as Love Kingston on any publicity material they produce – logos/guidance will be provided on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing your application
You can download a Word version of the application form and save it on your pc. We recommend that you write your application offline in Word and then copy and paste your answers into the online form. Before closing the online form remember to click on Save and Continue Later
, you will receive an email with a link so you can return to your form and continue it later - please check your Junk Folder
for your email from email@example.com.