MUSEUM NETWORKS GRANT
Supported by South East Museum Development and Arts Council England.
This scheme offers grants of up to £2000 to help museum networks deliver local training, undertake research and development, or work collaboratively with their participating organisations.
The grants can be used to support a range of activity, including:
- Workforce training
- Collaborative marketing campaigns
- Digital investment/training
- Improvements to access, diversity, and inclusion
- Green initiatives
- Consultation fees for research that is relevant to the network’s purpose
- Local conferences/sharing events
How much can I apply for?
Applicants can request funding up to £2000.
When is the application deadline?
Applications are assessed monthly on a rolling basis until 1 March 2022. We will notify you about the result within 3 weeks of submission.
There is a finite pot of funding available, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Who can apply?
The grant is open to networks that support museums based in the south east of England - Surrey, East & West Sussex, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, and Kent.
The application must be submitted by a museum that is Accredited or formally Working Towards Accreditation in the south east of England that is non-NPO, non-national. We will accept applications from a cluster of organisations, provided the lead organisation meets the eligibility criteria.
Successful applicants must
- Complete the proposed activity within 12 months of receiving the funds
- Send us an itemised list of expenditure as part of their final report
- Encourage their members to participate in the next Annual Museum Survey 2022 (July to September)