Background and Caller Job Description
This is your chance to do something worthwhile, earn money AND have fun chatting to your alumni!
We are looking for enthusiastic students to talk to alumni over the telephone. Your job will be to talk about their memories of Churchill and your own experience of the College. You will introduce the different fundraising projects, talk about how they will benefit students academically and personally and ask for a donation towards these projects.
The Call Campaign will run from 10 September to 29 September 2022
Training Days: 10 September: 10.00am – 5.00pm
11 September: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Monday – Friday: 6.15pm – 9.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday: 3.00pm – 8.00pm
Days off: Friday (16 & 23 September)
Earn an excellent hourly wage of £9.90.
You will also receive accommodation in College up to and including Friday 30 September.
You will be trained comprehensively. You will learn about running a fundraising campaign from start to finish, as well as how to make the calls, negotiate, confirm the donation and build affinity. So this is excellent work experience for almost any future career, providing a lot of transferable skills and a great talking point in your future career interviews.
Callers need to enjoy speaking to people and have an outgoing, pleasant and friendly manner as the calling should be enjoyable for both callers and those called. Reliability and self-confidence are important, as are tact and discretion; all personal information must be treated as confidential beyond the calling room. We are looking for:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Engaging phone manner
- Organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Motivated to achieve personal and team goals
- Positive, resilient attitude and enthusiasm
- Successfully complete caller training
- Arrive on time to all shifts with a positive attitude
- Update biographical information on those called
- Inform those called about College news and upcoming events
- Acquire renewed, increased and new donations to the College
- Record any alumni queries or issues and inform your supervisor of any unusual circumstances
- Complete all paperwork legibly and accurately
- Show courtesy and professionalism on and off the phone
- Follow all Calling Campaign policies and standards
- Maintain confidentiality of records and conversations