WHAT IS THE SURVEY ABOUT?
We would like to know about your experiences of involvement or engagement with healthcare professionals and organisations, as either a patient or carer.
This survey has been developed by the Kidney Patient Involvement Network (KPIN), a newly formed network of kidney (renal) organisations, charities and individuals committed to developing quality patient and public involvement and engagement (PPI/E); working with patients, carers and healthcare professionals to help improve their quality of life and work.
For further information please see https://kpin.org.uk/about-us/
One of our commitments is to develop and provide an education programme that supports patients and carers to gain the skills needed to have a productive and meaningful experience in their involvement and/or engagement when working with healthcare staff.
We will use the results from this and other patient survey's/questionnaires to custom design a programme centred around patient/carer needs.
Please note: With the current Coronavirus situation in the UK, we are looking to currently provide 'online' activities only. Whilst appropriate, informative and helpful information online is an aim of KPIN, offering face to face training will be available once the situation allows it.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THE SURVEY?
Patient and/or carers who have:
- direct experience of Chronic Kidney disease
- in the therapy stages of Advanced Kidney Disease (Pre-Dialysis), Haemodialysis (unit and home), Peritoneal Dialysis or have been transplanted
- been involved or have a desire to be involved in working with other patients or carers or healthcare professionals on renal projects such as Service Design, Quality Improvement, Research etc.
It does not matter how little or how much involvement you have had. We are interested in your views.
COMPLETING THE SURVEY
Whilst you can add your details should you wish to, the survey is voluntary and anonymous. It should take no longer than 10 to 15 minutes to complete it. We will keep the completed surveys for 6 months and then delete them.
BECOMING A MEMBER OF KPIN
We are looking to develop a Kidney Patient Involvement Network 'Membership' with the outline aim of helping to develop a ‘Critical Mass’ of patients, Carers, HCPs and Professionals through;
- Maintaining a clear and compelling value Network proposition
- Help define an effective involvement and engagement strategy
- Help become cultivators and change agents within the Network
- Provide an infrastructure for people to share data and experiences
- Facilitate discussion, experimentation and innovation
- Develop relationships
- Create opportunities for focused interaction on specific topics e.g. Patient Peer Support
- Help identify like-minded people
- Help sustain the Kidney Patient Involvement Network
Members will receive regular KPIN updates.
Should you wish to become a member, either leave your details in 'question 1 or 14' of this survey or email me directly firstname.lastname@example.org