As part of Arts Award's adviser support offer we provide the opportunity to request a free visit from one of our support consultants.
Visits are for trained advisers attached to a registered Arts Award centre only and do not replace Arts Award adviser training.
We welcome requests from centres who:
1) are delivering Arts Award with large groups (approx 50+ for Bronze, Explore and Discover 20+ for Silver and 10+ for Gold)
2) are working in a cluster or alliance with other centres and would like a visit for the whole group
3) have had a difficult or unsuccessful moderation
4) are working with one of Arts Award’s identified targeted groups of young people (the entire group must be in one of more of the following groups), these are:
a) looked after children and young people / care leavers
b) young carers / parents
c) young people in the youth justice system
d) homeless young people
e) young people in hospital or suffering long term health problems
f) Gypsy, Roma or traveller young people
g) young people not in education, employment or training
h) disabled young people
i) young people with special educational needs
j) young who live in rural isolation
k) young people who live in an area of economic deprivation
Your application should demonstrate how your centre meets one or more of the above criteria and why you would benefit from a visit.
Please note that visit dates should ideally be requested at least 4 weeks in advance, visits last approximately two hours.
If your request meets our criteria we will pass your details to your assigned support consultant and send you a confirmation email. If we feel a visit is not appropriate at this time we will notify you directly. You should therefore expect to hear from a member of our team within one week.
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Attard, Sector Support Manager firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 820 3375
* indicates mandatory fields