Orbit is offering free digital skills training sessions to our customers through the At Home Support service.
At Home Support offers digital skills training in your own home or another convenient location. The service is aimed at customers who:
- want to learn the basics of using computers and about getting online
- want to improve their existing basic digital skills and use the internet with more confidence
- are not able to access other sources of digital skills support, such as group sessions at community centre venues.
Orbit's partners for this service are We Are Digital. This organisation has lots of experience in helping people get online and learn new digital skills. If you are eligible for support, you will be contacted by We Are Digital to book your support sessions.
The application form below asks you for information about you and your current needs. If your application is successful, this information will be shared with We Are Digital so they can contact you for bookings and so their tutors will be able to tailor their support to your needs. No personal information about you will be shared publicly without your permission.
Please be aware of the following terms and conditions for applications. Orbit will assess all applications received to confirm the applicant's eligibility to receive support through the At Home Support service:
- This service is limited to Orbit customers and/or members of their household.
- Support can only be provided to applicants aged 18 or over.
- At Home Support tutors will provide basic digital skills training and support in the applicant's own home or at another convenient location agreed during the booking process.
- At Home Support tutors are not able to provide technical support for any computer equipment or internet access equipment.
- At Home Support tutors cannot make recommendations regarding specific websites, services or products. Suggestions may be offered, but it is the responsibility of the person receiving support to satisfy themselves about the accuracy and quality of the information provided.
- Orbit and our delivery partners shall not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of your use of or reliance upon the information provided in the At Home Support sessions. Orbit and our delivery partners shall not be held liable for loss or damage to devices used during the At Home Support sessions.
- Customers or members of their household subject to Anti-Social Behaviour orders or for whom there is reason to believe they may pose a risk to tutors will not be eligible.
- Applicants must commit to taking reasonable steps to ensure the safety of themselves and At Home Support tutors during training sessions.
- Orbit retains the right to reject an application if it is felt that the At Home Support service is not appropriate given the applicant's circumstances.
Where Orbit is not able to approve an application, we will contact you with information of other relevant support wherever possible, however we cannot guarantee availability of alternative sources of support.
By providing your contact information, you agree that:
- Orbit may share the information provided in your application form with We Are Digital.
- Orbit may contact you at a later date to request feedback about the At Home Support service and about how it has helped you.
If you have any questions about the application process, you can contact the Orbit Community Investment team 08006781221 or via email at email@example.com