Mental health and wellbeing- Let's talk about 0-5 year olds!
1. Your pre-schooler..tell us what you think!
Healthwatch Oxfordshire are keen to hear your views as a parent or carer of 0-5 year olds. We want to know about what mental health and wellbeing means to you and your child. How do you know if there is anything to worry about? If you are worried, who do you go to for support? What could be better about the support you have found? Please tell us about your experience before Covid19...as there is a question at the end about Covid19 and its impact on mental wellbeing! Tell us what you think! What we hear from you will be used to tell those who provide support, what you think, and to help improve things. Healthwatch Oxfordshire is INDEPENDENT- we are there to help make sure the voice of people who use support services is heard. Contact us if you need help filling in this survey or need it in another format e.g. Large Print, Easy Read or translation. Don't forget to press the FINISH SURVEY button!
1. This survey is anonymous. This means you don't have to say who you are, and you cannot be identified. Healthwatch Oxfordshire will make use of people's comments in reports or on our website- we aim to try and make a difference by representing your views. We need to know if you are happy for your anonymous comments to be used in this way-
2. Please tell us the first part of your postcode e.g. OX16
3. What three words would you use to describe 'mental health' - what does this mean to you?
4. What are the main things that have an effect on your mental health and wellbeing as an adult?
5. What are the main things that support positive mental health of your child?
6. What three words would you use to describe when your child is feeling emotionally happy and well?
7. How do you tell your child is feeling this way?
8. What are the main things that create stress for your child?
9. What three words would you use to describe when you child is not feeling emotionally happy and well?
10. How do you tell when your child is feeling like this?
11. If you had worries about your child's mental health where would you go to find support and information?
12. If you were worried mental health of your 0-5 year old, what would make you decide to ask for a bit of extra help, advice and support?
13. Is there anything that would stop you looking for help and support? If so tell us about this
14. Have you ever heard of any of the support below for 0-5 year olds in your area?
15. If you have had any support with your 0-5 year old please tell us the name of this support service/ services.
16. How easy was it for you to find this support? Tell us about this.
17. Tell us what was helpful about this support?
18. Tell us what could have been better about this support?
19. What would be the most helpful thing for you to support you with any worries about the mental health of your 0-5 year old?
20. Tell us about your experience of managing mental health and wellbeing for you or your child during the COVID19 lockdown? What impact has this had, and where have you turned for support?
21. Please feel free to give any other comments you would like to share about your experience of managing mental health or getting support with your 0-5 year old