Hi and thanks so much for agreeing to help me with the research for my novel cat/small dog weather & safety protection concept (Note - I know surveys can be boring - I've tried to make mine as quick as possible !)
All raw data (yes/no/country, etc) is seen by myself and the university academic-engineer interested in helping me to create the prototype. All information will then be deleted from the site once I have data from at least 200 participants. No personal information is collected about the participants. If you have questions about this project you may contact me via email: EllesWeatherConcept@protonmail.com
The prototype is being developed in the near future and the patents etc are pending, so it is not possible to show the drawings and diagrams at this stage.
**FOR CLARIFICATION** This will NOT be a structure like a kennel/house or hamster/rabbit run nor, will it be constructed of wood. This product is NOT available on the market. The hope is that it will be available worldwide in the near future.
DEVELOPMENT OF A NOVEL WEATHER & SAFETY PROTECTANT CONCEPT FOR OUTDOOR/SEMI-OUTDOOR CATS (and SMALL DOGS) WHICH DOES NOT PRESENTLY EXIST.
Options currently available:
1) WOOD/UPVC PET OUTHOUSE/KENNELS - Used by dogs (sometimes by cats). Range in price from £40 to the more extravagant Swiss chalet types costing thousands. These are often open at the entrance point to the elements and have to be built by the owner. They also do not prevent cats/dogs from escaping gardens
2) WOOD OR STEEL CATIOS
The primary purpose of catios/runs/modular set ups are to allow cats the freedom of the outdoors within the confines of a safe enclosed outdoor garden space. They are generally not fully weatherproof. One of their disadvantages is the cost to buy/build them.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE DETAILS OF THIS CONCEPT
This dual-purpose weather protection and safety concept (for rear gardens/patios) could be used in rain, wind (inclement weather conditions). This product will be available worldwide. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A HOUSE/KENNEL or CATIO TYPE STRUCTURE This product will:
- Prevent cat/s (or small dogs) from being exposed to rain/wind/cold and UV SUN RAYS, also keeping them COOLER IN SUMMER.
- Allow the cat/s (or small dog) to ENTER/EXIT AT WILL and RETURN to the owner's house. The pet WON'T BE trapped within it. Further access to the product could be restricted by the owner where and when required.
- Enable your cat/small dog to be safe (even at night). Useful if at any point in time you want your cat/small dog to have access to the garden/patio (and you do not have a catio or enclosed fencing), your pet can go outside without being able to escape from the garden.
- Have EASY INSTALLATION - no tools, screws, DIY knowledge required.
- Be VENTILATED - Cat/s (a small dog) will be able to OBSERVE their surroundings) whilst being PROTECTED from the elements. Offers animal enrichment.
- Cat/small dog can lounge, rest, sleep, walk around, observe, huddle in safety and return inside when they want to.
- Be suitable for all ages (kittens to cats and puppies to small dogs).
- Be SPACE SAVING in all ways - even in smaller gardens/patios
- Be NON-PERMANENT. If you do not want it there, it can be stored in sheds, attics, cupboards etc.
- Be LONG LASTING, DURABLE, WEATHER RESISTANT, WATERPROOF (able to endure the elements).
- Be STURDY, PORTABLE and TRANSPORTABLE.
- Be CLEANABLE.
- Be a product which STOPS rodents/slugs/snails/ other cats entering.
- Be FAIRLY PRICED.
- Have the possibility of the development of an app to go with the product to monitor your cat/small dog's outside activities - time spent in the product, exit, times of entering, etc,
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!
(P.S.: This research study contains a completion code for SurveySwap.io participants)