The Love Kingston Small Grants Programme uses the donations we receive from local people and businesses to support voluntary and community organisations working in the Royal Borough of Kingston. Each year, we aim to make a pot of money available to focus on a particular theme.
This year we are continuing our theme of ‘From Isolation to Inclusion’ and the grants are to support Inter-generational Projects that address loneliness and mental health issues by bringing different generations together. The themes of loneliness and mental health form part of the Kingston Plan that is supported by the Kingston Strategic Partnership.
You can apply for up to £3,000
to fund a project/activities that make a difference to the lives of children, young people, adults and older people, for example by:
- Enabling them to have opportunities to connect with each other positively and meaningfully.
- Creating an environment where they find it easy and beneficial to meet and engage with each other.
- Focusing on finding and implementing solutions to problems and issues they have identified.
- This can be a new project or an extension/development of an existing project.
Organisations who have applied to the fund before, whatever the outcome, can re-apply. If you were successful we may ask you for a report on the work you have already undertaken. Applications may be from single organisations or from organisations working in partnership.
Closing Date: 5.00pm on Friday 28 February 2020.
Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Applicants will be informed of the result of their application in April.
- Your project must benefit children, young people, adults and/or older people living, working or studying in the Royal Borough of Kingston.
- You must have a Constitution (‘Set of Rules’), a bank account in your organisation’s name with two signatories and a document outlining your financial procedures.
- You must involve the children, young people, adults and/or older people in the design/delivery/steering of your project/organisation.
As we expect the fund to be oversubscribed we shall take account of the following:
What we won’t fund:
- The potential impact of the work you are proposing to undertake (either in terms of achievable outcomes, numbers of people reached, and/or particular target groups or the wider community ‘social value’).
- The capacity/resources of your organisation to deliver the work you propose and to achieve the outcomes within twelve months of receipt of funding.
- The inclusion of a realistic budget for the work.
- Activities that do not bring different generations together.
- Capital costs, or building or renovation works.
- Religious activity.
- Activities that have already taken place.
- Contribution to vehicle costs.
- Donations to other charities.
- Incomplete applications.
These grants are funded by Love Kingston and administered by them and Kingston Voluntary Action. We anticipate a high number of applications and not all will be successful. Groups can only make one application per round, though we welcome applications from organisations that have previously applied to Love Kingston, regardless of the outcome of that application. Love Kingston reserves the right to allocate a smaller grant than applied for. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We will try to give feedback to all applicants who request it. If an applicant is unsuccessful, we will try to offer guidance on finding alternative sources of funding. The award committee’s decision is final.
Successful applicants will receive payments upon receipt of the grant agreement with Love Kingston; payments may take up to 1 month from receipt of the agreement. Grantees will be required to submit a short (one-page) report on the project/activities within a year of the fund’s release. It must include a summary budget and up to four high resolution photographs showing the activities, plus approval for Love Kingston to use the photographs. Grantees may be asked to participate in publicity or fundraising material to promote Love Kingston and will be required to acknowledge the source of funding as Love Kingston on any publicity material they produce – logos/guidance will be provided on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing your application
You can download a Word version of the application form and save it on your pc. We recommend that you write your application offline in Word and then copy and paste your answers into the online form. Before closing the online form remember to click on Save and Continue Later
, you will receive an email with a link so you can return to your form and continue it later - please check your Junk Folder for your email from email@example.com.