30 Informative Member Satisfaction Survey Questions
Understanding member sentiment is vital to the success and growth of any organisation. And a well-designed non-profit survey can provide invaluable insights into what your membership thinks you are doing right and where there's room for improvement. Drafting a meaningful member satisfaction survey is a lot like panning for gold; you sift through a lot of material to find those nuggets of wisdom that can redefine the way you operate.
By focusing on quality of service, value for money, communication and support, facilities and resources, member engagement, and overall experience, you'll not only gauge the current mood but also map out the way forward. Because after all, the objective isn't just to keep your members—it's to make them advocates for your organisation.
With all this in mind, below we list example questions across these six crucial areas. Picking from these 30 example questions can help you gauge the happiness and commitment level of your members.
Example member satisfaction questions
Quality of service
1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the overall quality of our service?
2. How easy was it to get the help you needed from our customer service team?
3. Were your questions or concerns resolved promptly?
Value for money
4. Do you think the benefits you receive are worth the membership fees you pay?
5. How satisfied are you with the discounts or special offers provided with your membership?
6. Have you ever regretted spending money on our services or products?
Communication and support
7. How well do we keep you informed about the latest updates or changes?
8. Do you find our newsletters and emails useful or informative?
9. Is it easy to get in touch with us when you have questions or issues?
Facilities and resources
10. Are you content with the cleanliness and maintenance of our facilities?
11. How would you rate the user-friendliness of our website or app?
12. Do you think the resources we offer meet your needs?
13. How involved do you feel in the community or events we organise?
14. Do you think there are ample opportunities for members to engage with one another?
15. Would you say the organisation listens to and values your opinions?
16. How likely are you to renew your membership?
17. How satisfied are you with the ease of the membership renewal process?
18. Would you recommend our organisation to friends or colleagues?
Bonus general questions
19. What aspects of our service impressed you the most?
20. What areas do you think need immediate improvement?
21. What features would you like to see added to your membership package?
22. How easy was the process of joining our organisation?
23. Do you feel like part of a community within our organisation?
24. Are the staff friendly and approachable?
25. How often do you utilise our services or attend our events?
26. Do you feel you have a voice within the organisation?
27. Are you aware of all the benefits your membership offers?
28. Would you like more training or educational resources as part of your membership?
29. Is the organisation aligned with your personal or professional values?
30. What's the single most important change we could make to improve your experience?
Use our member feedback template
To get your survey up and running quickly consider using our member satisfaction survey template. Pre-populated with 12 sample questions, it can be used as is or customised to your organisation's needs.