36 Actionable Restaurant Survey Questions
Understanding customer sentiment can be a complex task, but a crucial one for the success of any restaurant. A carefully tailored hospitality survey is a powerful tool for gathering actionable insights. It enables a restaurant to pinpoint areas of brilliance as well as aspects that require attention. Below, we provide sample questions broken down into six different aspects of the customer experience; food quality, service and staff behaviour, atmosphere and ambience, cleanliness and hygiene, value for money, and online and takeaway services.
Using questions such as these will arm you with the information you need to enhance your restaurant's performance, as effective restaurant feedback not only highlights what is being done well but also reveals the overlooked details that could elevate an eatery's standing.
Example restaurant questions
1. How would you rate the taste of your food on a scale of 1-5?
2. Was your meal presented in an appealing manner?
3. Did you find the menu had enough variety to choose from?
4. Was the food served at the right temperature?
5. Did the dish meet your dietary requirements or restrictions (e.g., gluten-free, vegetarian)?
6. How fresh did the ingredients in your meal seem?
Service and staff behaviour
7. Were you greeted promptly upon entering the restaurant?
8. How would you rate the friendliness of our staff on a scale of 1-5?
9. Was your server attentive to your needs?
10. Did the staff handle your requests or complaints efficiently?
11. Were your drinks refilled in a timely manner?
12. Was the wait time for your food reasonable?
Atmosphere and ambience
13. How would you rate the restaurant's atmosphere on a scale of 1-5?
14. Was the restaurant too noisy for your liking?
15. Did the décor contribute to your overall dining experience?
16. Was the lighting comfortable for dining?
17. How did you find the music? Was it too loud, just right, or not noticeable?
18. Did the restaurant feel crowded or spacious enough for your comfort?
Cleanliness and hygiene
19. Was the restaurant clean and tidy when you arrived?
20. Were the restrooms well-maintained?
21. Did you notice the staff following hygiene protocols?
22. Was the tableware (plates, glasses, cutlery) clean?
23. How would you rate the cleanliness of the food preparation area, if visible?
24. Did you feel that the restaurant took adequate precautions related to COVID-19 or other health concerns?
Value for money
25. Did you find the pricing reasonable for the quality of food served?
26. How would you rate the portion sizes?
27. Were you informed about any specials or deals during your visit?
28. Did you feel that the overall dining experience offered good value for the price?
29. Would you say the drinks menu is priced appropriately?
30. Did you feel like you received value for your money on your last visit?
Online and takeaway services
31. Was the online ordering process straightforward?
32. How would you rate the speed of the delivery service?
33. Was the food still hot/well-prepared upon arrival?
34. Were any items missing from your takeaway or delivery order?
35. Did the delivery personnel exhibit professionalism and courtesy?
36. Would you use our online or takeaway service again based on this experience?
Use our restaurant feedback questionnaire
To get up and running quickly with your own feedback programme, use our restaurant survey template. Including a sample of 15 common restaurant satisfaction questions, it can be used as is or adapted to your specific requirements.