Careers with SmartSurvey
Senior Product (UX/UI) Designer
Who we are
Launched in 2010, SmartSurvey has rapidly grown into one of the leading online survey platforms in the UK used by leading brands across all sectors.
The platform supports over 300,000 users make smarter decisions based on data collected through the creation of custom surveys, distributed through various channels and analysed within the platform.
Our platform supports customer, employee and patient experience programs as well as advanced research projects. We count Ikea, Mercedes, Microsoft, NHS and UK Government as our valued customers.
We believe that creating surveys should be easy and accessible for all and are committed to continually improving the experience for all users.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time for SmartSurvey as we move into our next stage of growth. We are looking for talented individuals to join us on this journey to help us continue to flourish and grow.
We’re based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire however you’ll be joining a fully remote team for the time being with a view to moving to a hybrid working model in the future.
Who you are
We’re looking for a passionate designer with experience of working through the whole product lifecycle, from discovery through to solution design and delivery of pixel perfect UI.
We’re a small team where you’ll be working directly with our Product Manager, Business Analyst and the Scrum Team to improve our product. We currently have lots of interesting challenges to tackle to support our continued growth which you’ll take a lead in designing.
You’ll be a curious self starter who’s keen to get stuck into understanding a complex SAAS product, the competitive landscape and our users as well as getting down into the detail of identifying and designing solutions for delivery.
You’ll be comfortable working and collaborating with the product and development teams as well as stakeholders from across the business to understand needs and gather requirements, in some cases facilitating workshops and co-design sessions.
As we’re a small team, you’ll take lead on evolving the design process and there is opportunity for the role to develop to support in scaling our design function.
Be open to giving and receiving constructive feedback to support continuous improvement across the business.
- Experience of UX/UI design for flexible, complex B2B software that meets the needs of many different users
- Experience building and maintaining design systems, including component creation, variants, documentation and maintenance as well as defining and upholding these design guidelines across the teams
- Demonstrable experience of using a range of user research methods to build an understanding of user needs and early validation of possible solutions, including user interviews, user testing, workshops and data analysis
- Comfortable creating low to high fidelity prototypes when appropriate and confident in presenting these to users
- Strong understanding of user lead inclusive design and accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1)
- Experience using Figma
- Can work effectively as part of an agile team
- 3+ years of UX & UI experience
- Experience designing for complex SAAS products
- Experience growing product design teams
We look forward to hearing from you but please note, we are all busy people, so no agencies or previous applicants need apply!
How we operate
We work as a team, with a relatively informal comms structure. We have a relaxed, yet productive work environment and your sense of humour will be richly rewarded by your work colleagues.
Where We Work
We are based in Tewkesbury at the Basepoint Business Centre, easily accessible from the M5. You will enjoy a modern office environment with plenty of parking and a comfortable break-out area for those down-time moments.
Location: SmartSurvey Ltd. Basepoint Business Centre, Oakfield Close, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8SD