Measure Employee Loyalty By Creating An Employee Loyalty Survey
An employee loyalty survey is an essential tool for organisations to measure the extent of employee allegiance and to identify areas where improvements can be made. The success of every business lies with its employees. ‘Use online surveys to increase employee productivity, employee engagement and retention rates…
Companies benefit by having loyal staff working towards common goals. The end result will, more often than not, be an increase in the overall productivity. Additionally, staff within the company will be more satisfied and therefore motivated to excel in their work, as they know that such excellence is noticed and appreciated.
Benefits of employee loyalty surveys
There are powerful benefits for organisations who implement an employee loyalty strategy. By carrying out online surveys, they can learn who their best employees are and strive to retain dedicated, valuable professionals. Employees who are engaged and enthusiastic about their role at work will naturally be more productive and act as valuable role models to others.
In the words of Jim Goodnight, Co-Founder & CEO, SAS “If you treat your employees like they make a difference, they will”.
Top tips for a successful employee loyalty survey
- Managers should reassure participants their responses will remain confidential
- The survey should be mandatory for all employees, in order to avoid bias in the responses
- Find out what workers expect from their employers
- Ask what challenges workers would like to be offered to showcase their talents
- Request recommendations from staff, in respect to the workplace
- Find out what opportunities they identify for advancement
SaaS (Software as a Service) providers, can deliver the tools you will need to design a successful employee loyalty survey. The benefit of a professionally prepared questionnaire is that it will eliminate the element of guesswork and yield reliable information and feedback.
Questionnaire templates can be used to create an online survey quickly as they are easily customised. Organisations can also incorporate their brand into the survey, customising everything from the logo, fonts and questions in order to create a fully modern survey.
Typical questions included in an employee loyalty survey should cover the following;
- The overall satisfaction employees have with the company
- Opinions of the training and development programmes offered by the company
- The level of satisfaction an employee feels with their work
- Human resource issues that contribute to a good work environment
- A self assessment of the employees own job performance
- A rating of the work environment
Among the questions asked in an online loyalty survey, employees can be invited to answer how meaningful they think their work is and how often they feel some sort of stress in the workplace. Employee’s personal opinions are as valuable as information gathered about other viewpoints.
The consideration a company shows for its employees can reap great rewards. The benefits a loyalty strategy can offer is most reliably achieved by considering many different points of view, and an employee loyalty survey is indispensable in that respect.
SmartSurvey can help you on your journey to create effective employee loyalty surveys in order to improve productivity, please contact us to get started today.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in December 2012 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.