How does the Friends and Family Test affect me?
As part of NHS England's Putting Patients First business plan, by 2015 it'll be compulsory for all the following NHS funded services to conduct the Friends and Family Test: General and acute, Mental health, Community, NHS primary medical services, NHS primary dental services and Ambulance. Healthcare providers across England are preparing for this initiative and SmartSurvey's online survey software is here to help.
What is the Friends and Family Test?
The Friends and Family Test is a feedback tool that offers patients the chance to feedback on the treatment and care they've received. The FFT consists of a single question survey, “We would like you to think about your recent experience of our service. How likely are you to recommend our [insert service] service to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?” At least one follow-up question that gives patients a chance to provide free text feedback should be included in the survey. Further questions specific to local issues can also be asked and demographic information should be collected.
SmartSurvey and the Friends and Family Test
Healthcare providers are free to use a collection method that suits their patients and the resources available to them. However, there are issues such as cost, technical capability, the ability for free text submission and anonymity to be considered. Fortunately, our user-friendly online survey software provides an efficient and effective Friends and Family Test implementation solution.
- Surveys are quick and easy set up
- Patients can access the Friends and Family Test from a touch point that suits them:
- online survey once patient is home
- electronic tablet/kiosk at point of discharge
- SMS/text/smartphone App
- SmartSurvey is a G-Cloud supplier and can be found here
- All FFT responses are automatically collected in a central location
- No manual input of data is required
- Cost effective and scalable pricing plans
- Not-for-profit discounts available
- Multi-user management capabilities
- Patient anonymity options
- Free text submission boxes available
- Flexible data export options
- A friendly Support Team on call
Tried, tested and trusted NHS supplier
As a G-Cloud supplier, SmartSurvey meets all the requirements necessary of a public sector and government digital service supplier. We are registered under the Data Protection Act and all data collected is stored on UK-based servers, so your patients' data will never leave the E.U. We currently work with a large number of healthcare providers across the United Kingdom,
for a full list please click here or perhaps check out our NHS Derbyshire Trust Case Study.
For more information you can book a personalised online demonstration or contact us today.
Useful resources from NHS England: Friends and Family Test FAQ, Guidance on Implementing the Friends and Family Test